Saturday, November 20, 2010


the evening touch

a winter evening..the sun had already set..and there lay no reddish tinge in the western sky..the grey veil of the evening slowly dropping in….somewhere nearby a song from a recent flim played on..the half done construction of a building nearby,stood alone….a white ambassador waited at the office door to carry the boss back to his family….far way,at the horizon,birds flew… I saw two minute feathers floating mid way in the air….. I smelt the burning coals,as the smoke curled up from a nearby hut,…..my fingers intertwined as I sighed silently….at the municipal corporation nearby,I heard someone bang the door shut….i saw officers and politicians dressed in white,leaving for their homes…

the room lights in all the neighbouring houses started coming into life…..to warm the approaching cold night……I piled up all the dried up clothes hanging in the verandah,………and walked back to my room…………

-swasTIKA

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...